Monday 12 August 2013

The Great Gatsby and me..

so i've seen and fallen in love with the film and soundtrack, been reading the book and in a few weeks i have a wedding to attend that is 1920s theme..i couldn't be happier! its been so fun trying to find an outfit that isn't too costume like! so far i've made a lovely bow tie and pocket square for the boy so he'll look handsome in his green suit and for myself, i've settled on a pale peach sequin and chiffon maxi number with a long string of pearls for a necklace, a cute little black beaded bag and shoes perfect for shaking my imaginary tassles to! 

so tonight after watching some great videos on how to do pin curls and make up (the video i liked the best is at the end of the post) i thought i'd have a go at it myself and show you the results! i haven't attempted my hair yet and as I have a lovely old headband from primark that matches my dress perfectly, i don't think i'll bother curling my hair like that though it looks like too much fun not to try! the only thing i didn't really add when i did my make up was the fake lashes and lipstick! i really loved the smoky effect with the gold eyeshadow! 

so here is the result..with the help of sepia effect photo filter..not even ashamed to admit it!


so here i basically gave myself a side parting, added the headband and went round and tucked the ends into the headband and secured the annoying bits with hairgrips! the video shows the hair style on longer hair that you fake into a shorted bob by curling and gripping it under, luckily my hair is only shoulder length so i i'll have less hair to hide as such..super happy for how quick and easy this was!


heres a kind of close up of my make up, you can't see the colour so much but its just really smokey black all around my eye and some gold on the eyelids, the black eyeshadow i used had some sparkle in it, on the day i think i'll just use a plain one to avoid all over face sparkle!

i would love some feedback or any links to any great tips you've read!

here is the video as promised..


samantha xo


No comments:

Post a Comment